Sunday, August 9, 2009

Some day I'll fly, some day I'll soar

I'm back as promised to do what I hope will be an "inspiring" blog about my ultimate dream...To explore every inch of this earth before my time is up.

I'll be abit cynical now and say I'm totally baffled and just abit furious? when I hear someone say they hate travelling, that they'd much rather stay in one ordinary place for well the rest of their lives. My apoligies, when it comes to travel I adopt this vicious mind. Don't be too quick to judge me though, I used to stand in the shoes of a 'travel hater'. Back in the day I was content with living in the one place, Australia. My reason? I was scared of being in an unfamiliar environment with words I don't understand being tossed around, values I didn't have and no vegimite. But I've turned a whole 360 degrees and now I'm on the edge of my seat cause I can't wait to get out there and learn a different language, adopt some worthy values and well, I'll keep some v-mite in my backpack at all times. Get out there guys!!! we'll only live once (unless you believe in reincarnation) in that case chances are you'll come back as something that doesn't have opposable thumbs so travelling's gonna be abit hard. I hope I change at least one person's mind about travelling, here goes:
1. Greece

At the top of my list at the moment. Like every other country, Greece has it's unique beauty and I can't wait to check out their cliff homes! Picture: Church in Oia on the island of Santorini, Greece.
...breathtaking view, beautiful city.












2. South America including Brazil, Argentina and Peru

Cristo Redentor "Christ the Redeemer" statue stands atop Corcovado Mountain to embrace all of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.









Rolling countryside of Peru. Look at that sun ray.










Andes mountains in Argentina. Apparently Buenos Aires is the best place to be when you're in Argentina have to wait and find out.











3. Europe including France, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, United Kingdom, Iceland, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal, Norway and Russia.
I don't think I've listed EVERY country. I'm sure there's a few more but 15+ countries will do for now. I'm especially excited about going to Ireland, Scotland and Russia. Ireland seems like a beautiful place to be and well I'll admit I'm kinda in love with the accent haha. Russia because my Dad and brother visited the place a few years back and they said it was fantastic so I've visited my primary sources for some good details. Italy for it's culture and because I'm a lover of their cuisine.. no really, I'm asian but we have pasta for dinner like 3 times a week which doesn't really alter the diet that outrageously. Pasta, rice, carbs you know what's going on. I'm not really a French fanatic but I'd like to be able to say I've been there. I guess Paris won't appeal to me until I've settled down with my other half, for now Ireland please!

4. North America including Greenland (Denmark), Canada, United States (Boston, New York, Chicago, California, Detroit, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Michigan, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, San Francisco) and Mexico.

Again, didn't name all the countries and cities but Í think New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas appeal to me the most. Can't wait to live out a weekend like "The Hangover" boys. A summer in Miami has got to be worth the trip and who doesn't wanna see the HOLLYWOOD billboard aye? I've tried my best to get some photos together but unfortunately don't have the time to give every city the attention it deserves. (Not that I did anything spesh. google.com does wonders)

New York at sunset.












Give me this everyday. Miami beach.











"Now remember, what happens in Vegas stays, in Vegas... Except herpes, that shit'll come back with ya."










So there we go a little taste of my travelling desires. Gotta spend a fair bit of time getting the money together first and then I bid farewell to Australia for a few years. Despite me critisizing travel haters and wanting to leave so bad...


and that's how it'll stay.

Takecare, Brooke.

No comments: