Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The beginning

I can't remember the last time I spoke to myself aka "owned" a blog. Puts an unusual feeling of awkwardness in the room right about now but nevertheless I'll persist. I'll start with the obvious question, why did I get back to it? I really don't know myself. That's a lie but let's just leave that as the clear cut answer. Other than the confucious and daunting reasons, I came back because I missed speaking my mind and giving myself the chance to embrace the english language and discover a whole different world. No, that's a load of pisscrap I stole those homosexual words from my current english teacher. So after coming back from my Kokomo like holiday away from blogging I've sort of lost the jist of it all. Im supposed to tell the internet public what my day was filled with and what bold shinanigans I'd managed to get myself into, right?................................................................................Just booked a one way ticket to the Caribbean. Jokes had a moment of blogophobia. The overshadowing memory of why I actually quit this job came rushing back, it got as boring as George Orwell.

So what's been happening lately over the time period of say 2-4 years. I'l put this in dot point form so you don't strain your eyes. I don't know why I refer to air as "you":
1. I no longer reside in Sydney, I live in the only place in Australia that lets you live a year in a day. The Four Seasons, Melbourne Victoria. Great place and coming back 5 years later was a good choice. For those that are unaware, I lived in Melbourne before moving to Sydney, yes moving back and forth is the biggest pain in the anus. The one thing I love about moving is you open an unbelievably huge chapter in your life. I met some amazing new people and caught up with friends I'd known since I was running around the quad with my hair up in ponytails and my uniform done up nice and sharp chasing boys as if they wouldn't harass you. Good times. It's a gift to meet people especially when they leave a huge print on one of your pages, and when they're a keeper, mate, BFFL whichever way you wanna put it no doubt you wanna decorate that page and tab it.
2. I met someone of similar qualities meaning he must be a slobbish like character, and he's stuck around for quite some time, 2 years and a bit to be exact. I won't go into details on how I met him, our first date etc because that'd be a huge waste of time. Main point is he's special and obese... No that's not very nice of me, he treats me well.
3. I've managed to discover a vaccination for swine flu and have been awarded the Nobel prize in my mind. There's been an outbreak of Swine flu (pig flu) and it's spreading from Mexico onwards. Kind of a scary thought but I've convinced my boat2aus (I tried to make refugees that migrated to Australia by the means of a boat sound less alienating) parents that swine flu's not gonna come knocking on our door...just yet. It may well be tomorrow who knows, let's go sky diving. Let's hope it doesn't though cause the virus is on the prowl to kill all of Gen X and Y, what will the world do? we make up the majority of the nation's population. thanks ya no good for nothing pigs.
4. I've become an auntie (again) to a lovely little girl Lily Mai Thomas, named after myself (my middle name's Mai.) That doesn't mean Jack (my nephew) moves down the ladder, that just means there's more noise at 6am on a Sunday morning, more kids running down the hallway. My brother and his missus had a little boy named Duc. I know, why would they do that to him? we live in Australia for christ's sake, give him something a little more bully proof. And another little girl on the way, a contribution by my sister. My family's a bunch of rabbits.
5. I'm currently in year 12 doing my VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) and well, enough said.

That's all I've managed to rack out of my brain atm so when some more random facts find their way back into my horrible memory I'll let ya know. For now I'm going to go back to watching Two and a Half Men, great show.

1 comment:

Jud said...

I'm glad you came to melb